Description

Almost 900 years old. Built circa 1166. Established by Henry II.This old structure housed Augustinian monks. The buildings and the devout men within it survived sustained salvoes for more than two hundred years from the early 14th Century until late in the 16th Century as the English and Scottish pounded each other. These remains here tell the tales of these events and many more besides.