Description

This Abbey dates from 1231  and was used as such until 1537 when it was converted to a mansion house after the abolition of the monasteries by Henry VIII. The ruins of the mansion house are fairly well preserved with some original flooring tiles on view in situ. The place is a favorite for bride and groom wedding photographs.The abbey is in free access. Nice quiet and interesting old abbey ruins.